After many years of making my own scrubs, cleansers and face oils, I made the transition to Esse Skincare a few weeks ago. While I am still a firm believer in the natural skincare approach, my skin decided that it was no longer happy with my skincare routine. Even as a non-drinker and non-smoker, a bad allergy season combined with a return to gym and healthy eating had left my skin a little worse for wear.
I spent a fair amount of time doing a bit of research online to get an idea of which products would be best suited to my needs. Funnily enough, I had started following Esse on Facebook some time before, because I liked the look of their products. When I remembered them, I had a look at their website to see what products they had to offer. Eventually, I went to my nearest Wellness Warehouse to get a trial pack and a toner spray. I was so taken with the products that I went back again to get a full sized exfoliator and moisturiser. I’m still so in love with these products that I wanted to share my thoughts on why I adore Esse Skincare.
Why Try Esse Skincare?
Some of the things that I love most about Esse Skincare include the following:
- It promotes beneficial microbes. Probiotic skincare is designed to promote healthy microbes that optimise the skin. When we are born, our skin is naturally high in these microbes. As we age, our skin loses its ability to perform basic functions. Probiotic skincare helps to fight the signs of aging, while creating a healthy ecosystem for your skin to thrive.
- It is mostly organic and natural. The majority of ingredients in Esse products are organic and naturally derived, and certified by Ecocert. As a passionate believer in natural skincare, this was a highly important factor for me when making my decision on which skincare products to use. Esse was a logical choice, because this brand is as close to natural as it gets. That takes us to our next point…
- It is cruelty-free and vegan. As a lifelong vegetarian and animal-lover, one of my biggest concerns is whether or not any product results in harm to animals. This is also a major reason that I went completely natural for many years. Esse is certified cruelty-free by Beauty Without Cruelty. It is fully vegan, which means that there are no animal derivatives to worry about.
- It smells amazing. Seriously, all of the products I have used have their own amazing scents. My favourites include the minty gel cleanser and the oh so heavenly cocoa exfoliator that smells like chocolate and rose geranium combined. Although this is not as important to me as the products origins and cruelty-free roots, it is still something that makes me happy whenever I use any of my Esse products.
- It is doing wonders for my skin. For the most part, I have never had major skin issues. My skin can be a little fussy though. Technically, I have combination skin that is fair and prone to weird blotches and the odd hayfever induced hive and annoying adult spot. I eventually chose the hydro moisturiser, as it is for sensitive combination skin. I have had at least two people comment on my skin in the last week or two. My skin feels great and really seems to love the new regime.
If you’d like to know more about Esse skincare, have a look at the official Esse website. Here, you can view products, learn about their backstory and get a better idea of probiotic skincare and why it is so essential.
Please note that this review is my own. I am sharing this experience because I honestly think that these products are amazing. Don’t believe me? Try an Esse trial pack and see for yourself. I can almost guarantee that you will be as delighted with Esse Skincare as I am.