Upcycled furniture has become popular in recent years, and for good reason. Not only is it cheaper and easier than you may have thought to give your old furniture a brand new look – it’s also a super fun DIY project, too.
If you have any old relics in your home that are in dire need of a new look, you can transform that bookshelf, dresser, chair or table into a modern, eye-catching piece that adds just the right touch of style to any room. You could also look out for old furniture that has potential in your local thrift store… who knows what a fresh coat of paint or a few simple tweaks can do?
Loads of Ideas for Upcycled Furniture
Looking for some inspiration to get you on the right track? Here are some great resources for furniture upcycle projects to try at home:
- 25 Upcycled Furniture Ideas – The Cottage Market
- 25 Furniture Hacks – How Does She
- Upcycled Pallet Headboard – Trend Hunter
- 200+ Ways to Paint Anything – Mrs. Hine’s Class
- 50 Inspiring Upcycled Furniture & Housewares Projects – A Spectacled Owl
- Reuse + Recycle: 10 Upcycled Dressers – Apartment Therapy
- 20 ways to use old windows – The Shabby Creek Cottage
- 25 Ways To Reinvent An Old Chair – Krrb Blog
- 50 DIY Home Furniture Projects – Shanty 2 Chic
- Thrift Store Furniture Makeovers – The Budget Decorator
As you can see, there is a lot you can do to revive old (and even broken) furniture… even if it’s just adding a pop of colour here and there!
Done any upcycled furniture projects lately? Share your story below and let me know how it went!